Tuesday, August 13, 2013

.London.Bridge.


            I’m in London! It is hard to believe that in a matter of hours my world has changed completely! Arabic is no longer dancing around me from every side, but instead, I seem to hear a new language ever time I turn my head! With that said, I still never realize how farm away from home I am until I’ve reached my destination, gone to bed, and woken up in a new place. It's then I know that no matter how much I try, I can't go back.Leaving is sad no matter how you put it, but since it is what it is, I've been told that I might as well make the best of it. And so, I tried to do just that :)

 My last few days at home were wonderful.

      Before I left, I had the chance to go out and say goodbye to some friends who I had the pleasure of being with this summer. It always amazes me how God brings people into our paths to encourage us, befriend us, bring a smile to our face, and remind us that He has a plan for who He brings in and takes out of our life.
            In addition to everything I've eaten, my family fed me my favorite desserts (yummy Jordanian Iceberg Ice cream and knaffe) before leaving, my mom made her delicious stuffed zucchini and eggplant ( soo good!) , and I prepared my dried thyme mixture for the homemade Jordanian pastries I’ll be making throughout the year. But all of this did not make up for the excitement at the end of the day.

            By the way if you have an option for what type of excitement to have, don't pick this kind. I don't recommend it. The excitement all began when I put a password on my dad's old phone which was officially my 'new' phone. When did the excitement all end? When I forgot it minutes after confirming it! So this left me with a disabled phone needing to be completely restored. If my cousin is reading this, I just want to say thank you Haitham!!!  Working on a disabled phone till 4AM is not a personal preference I’m sure, but I’m so glad to have my phone back! You're the best! It was quite an eventful night with little sleep, quite a bit of action, and the chance to learn how to make the best of every situation, even the really sticky ones!
            Now it’s 15:40 in London. It’s weird doing time this way, it seems like everyone runs on a 24 hour clock here and I just keep using my fingers to count on from 12.
…13, 14, 15, 16, 17…
"Okay 17 means 5 o’clock." Since I now know the time, I should probably get going! But this is just a little note to say, " Hello from London!" 

.He is Faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment