Thursday, August 8, 2013

LIke a Lake , Like the Desert, Landscapes and Song Obsessions

So I've recently had a song obsession, which is the inspiration behind the title of this post. I'll let you listen to the song, but what catches my attention most are these words:

Standing at this waters edge
looking in at God's own heart
I've no idea where to begin
to swallow up the way things are
...

bring the wind and bring the thunder
bring the rain till I am tried
when it's over bring me stillness
let my face reflect the sky
and all the grace and all the wonder
of a peace that I can't fake
wide open like a lake


So I leave Jordan in just about 100 hours. I don't know what else to say but I love love love, did I mention that I love this place. First of all, it's so beautiful! This is just a glimpse of what it's like by the Red Sea ( top), the Dead Sea ( middle), and the Desert.

Now needless to say, not only does Jordan's beauty captivate me but so do my people, especially 4 special people. Being with my family for 2 1/2 months has been so so good, to say the least. Going on vacation, being there for breakfast, dinner, and grocery shopping usually doesn't bring that much joy, unless you have such loving people to share these chores with. To say I will miss them would be an understatement, but I'll spare you all my sappy sentimental goodbye metaphors!

I will say, I've learned two things.
1) Saying goodbye never gets easier.
2) It's Okay.

To love I must be wide open...like a lake, vulnerable, willing to love and be loved. Accepting the Thunder and the storm. Loving and trusting the Storm Keeper, knowing that if I hurt while wide open,  the Healer can bring stillness and a peace that I can't fake...
    
{wide open like a lake}

So I guess like a lake, Like a desert, I'm leaving home wide open, hurting to have to go and say goodbye yet again, but thankful that it's the presence of  love that causes this pain.

I will miss you j.o.r.d.a.n.& y.o.u.r. s.u.l.a.i.m.a.n.'.s!

No comments:

Post a Comment